Sports Artists
Login or Register!

Hmmmmmmmmm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Elmooo on Sat 18 Aug 2012, 05:55

This place is as dead as EA's graphic section.
avatar
Elmooo
Just Starting out
Just Starting out

Posts : 16
Points : 201803
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by FB Slothmeister on Sat 18 Aug 2012, 09:37

Elmooo wrote:This place is as dead as EA's graphic section.
avatar
FB Slothmeister
Getting used to this
Getting used to this

Posts : 66
Points : 217175
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by darth me1 on Sat 18 Aug 2012, 21:21

Well it is summer so obviously a lot of people will be on holiday Wink
avatar
darth me1
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 32
Points : 205976
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-07-15
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Fowlisss on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 03:11

darth me1 wrote:Well it is summer so obviously a lot of people will be on holiday Wink
Rolling Eyes
avatar
Fowlisss
Admin
Admin

Posts : 119
Points : 313854
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Liverpool

http://www.sports-artists.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by darth me1 on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 07:06

Fowlisss wrote:
darth me1 wrote:Well it is summer so obviously a lot of people will be on holiday Wink
Rolling Eyes
What.
avatar
darth me1
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 32
Points : 205976
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-07-15
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Fowlisss on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 21:58

I was agreeing?

Neutral
avatar
Fowlisss
Admin
Admin

Posts : 119
Points : 313854
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2012-07-15
Location : Liverpool

http://www.sports-artists.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Elmooo on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 22:25

A lot of people are off school and college too Neutral
avatar
Elmooo
Just Starting out
Just Starting out

Posts : 16
Points : 201803
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Neymar on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 23:23

Buy a domain so you kinda need to commit yourself to it, clean up the design and the portal, fix how you want the sections to appear (it isn't that welcoming on the main forum page, you don't know what to expect as an unregistered member) and then start advertising and I'm sure this place will work out. You've got yourself a good start, you just need to progress from here.
avatar
Neymar
Just Starting out
Just Starting out

Posts : 15
Points : 199100
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Besiktas on Mon 20 Aug 2012, 08:03

Yeahh it's pretty dead here... But maybe in a few months we can get more members which are online :p
avatar
Besiktas
Getting used to this
Getting used to this

Posts : 100
Points : 218924
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Neymar on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 03:07

Honestly though, if you don't keep improving the site and keeping on top of everything it will just die in front of your eyes. I've experienced this before.

There's a lot of work to be done here.
avatar
Neymar
Just Starting out
Just Starting out

Posts : 15
Points : 199100
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Hayden. on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 07:08

Neymar wrote:Honestly though, if you don't keep improving the site and keeping on top of everything it will just die in front of your eyes. I've experienced this before.

There's a lot of work to be done here.

Such commitment was made to a previous site on which a few members here were users. To be honest it became a chore and not really that fun, the admin spent God knows how much of his own cash improving and upgrading, adding new features etc. in the hope that it would tempt more users. It reached over 100 members if I remember correctly but it was pretty pointless. But in reality, there really aren't that many designers on the 'net that are willing to participate in a site such as this - at least not English speaking ones -, especially when you have sites akin to deviantART and the massive Russian one.

Any site that shares the same ethos as ones such as this will never be extremely active for long periods of time, the activity will fluctuate, its just important to maintain a community in some shape or form.

If you're looking to build an online graphics community like what SGFX.com used to be, it will take a loooong time.
avatar
Hayden.
Just Starting out
Just Starting out

Posts : 14
Points : 201403
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-08-01

http://hden.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Neymar on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 03:09

Yeah, that is a good point.
avatar
Neymar
Just Starting out
Just Starting out

Posts : 15
Points : 199100
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Kieranf94 on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 05:43

Hayden. wrote:
Neymar wrote:Honestly though, if you don't keep improving the site and keeping on top of everything it will just die in front of your eyes. I've experienced this before.

There's a lot of work to be done here.

Such commitment was made to a previous site on which a few members here were users. To be honest it became a chore and not really that fun, the admin spent God knows how much of his own cash improving and upgrading, adding new features etc. in the hope that it would tempt more users. It reached over 100 members if I remember correctly but it was pretty pointless. But in reality, there really aren't that many designers on the 'net that are willing to participate in a site such as this - at least not English speaking ones -, especially when you have sites akin to deviantART and the massive Russian one.

Any site that shares the same ethos as ones such as this will never be extremely active for long periods of time, the activity will fluctuate, its just important to maintain a community in some shape or form.

If you're looking to build an online graphics community like what SGFX.com used to be, it will take a loooong time.

I feel like I know this story.
avatar
Kieranf94
Getting used to this
Getting used to this

Posts : 22
Points : 196253
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-24
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum